Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Morning Randomness


In an attempt to forget about my throbbing knee cap last night while I was watching The Grammy's, I spent some time putting together images of a few things that have been on my mind lately. Inspiration is everywhere. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's overt.

This weekend when I was organizing one of my closets, I unearthed a box containing all of the old CD mixes that I made in my early twenties. Most of them weren't labeled, but even the ones that were didn't indicate more than the month/year or "J-Sto's Mix" ...so I just played them all, all the way through. Nostalgia. So many memories. Songs strike chords. When has it ever been good when it doesn't feel right? Except now. This is my new sense of balance and boundaries. I think I understand. Genuinely.

I wanted to share this horoscope that I came across. I do believe that there is some wisdom in horoscopes. I often read them all- even the ones for the other signs. Sometimes there is very good insight mixed in with all the generalizations and bullshit. And more than anything, there's always a little bit of hope, and who doesn't need that?

If you're fully alive, the answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life?" keeps evolving. Last year's truth can't possibly be true for the person you are changing into. So what's the answer for you these days? Only you can decide, of course, but I'll offer a suggestion ... "The meaning of life is creative love. Not love as an inner feeling, not as a private sentimental emotion, but love as a dynamic power moving out into the world and doing something original."

Creative love sounds perfect to me.
Maybe tomorrow there will be fireworks.

I always hope for a happy ending.
How crazy is that?

Photos in this post are not property of Work In Progress.

2 comments:

PatZ said...

what kind of mixes are on these mixed CDs?

Jennifer Robertson said...

@Patz It's a whole bunch of stuff that I listened to at that time. Everything from alternative stuff that I still love, to super cheesy pop music and hiphop that I shook my booty to at the clubs. Perhaps the funniest is the random country songs that are mixed in amongst the likes of JLo and JaRule, because I was quite the little regular at Rooster's in 2001-2002, haha.
The best song that I found which I'd completely forgotten about is Eve 6's Promises. Man, I love the lyrics to that song.