Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


1) I talk about Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey and Phoebe like they're my real friends.

2) I love doing impressions of people. My dream job would be to write for and star on Saturday Night Live. I work on perfecting new characters all the time.

3) I love ice. Crushed is my favourite. I wish I had one of those fridges that makes and crushes ice for you. That would be unreal.

4) I've got one hell of a jump shot, and I'll take you down in a game of 21 any day.

5) One day I will write a screenplay.

6) I can't do cartwheels.

7) I write song lyrics, quotes, book titles and author's names on post-its so that I will remember them. I usually end up losing the post-its and then finding them months later in random places, which is kind of fun.

8) I sing at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in my car. I prefer to drive alone for this very reason. I won't sing out loud if someone's in the car with me.

9) I'm fiercely protective of my friends and family. They are my world.

10) I have a crush on Brody Jenner...yes, even after watching 'Bromance.' I can't help it. He's a babe.

11) When I was in grade 9, my basketball coach Mr. Inkster nicknamed me "The Host" after the monkey in Outbreak because I kept getting sick that year. It stuck. Well, maybe just between Cindy and I. He nicknamed her "The Custodian" and I won't let that die either. This leads me to number 12...

12) I'm a big nickname person. I often call people by shortened versions of their actual name or a completely different name altogether. Maybe this is why I really like it when people call me "Jen." It could also be why I don't find it weird that my Dad sometimes calls me "Francine" or "Gloria."

13) I enjoy a good pinot noir. It makes me warm and talky.

14) I could write a biography of Marilyn Monroe. I've read at least 10 books about her. I sorta feel like we were best friends in a past life.

15) Make me laugh and you're in the good books.

16) I believe that everything happens for a reason.

17) I adore my little apartment in the city, and the fact that it's a stone's throw from the beach. I could spend hours amusing myself in and around it, all alone.

18) I'm a fast drinker. No matter what it is, chances are I'll be getting a re-fill before you've taken three sips of yours.

19) I remember most occasions and events based on what I was wearing. I also use my wardrobe as a reference point in trying to determine what year something happened.

20) I don't like to be photographed in the same outfit more than once (yes, I realize that I'm not Paris Hilton, and the paps are not on my tail...but still, I have a thing about it...)

21) My parents are my heros. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole, wide world to have such an incredible and supportive family.

22) I think that music makes the world go 'round. I especially enjoy songs featuring acoustic guitars.

23) I love people watching. Sometimes I create entire fictional stories about people I don't even know. Often I'll give them names, which later turn into abbreviations or code names i.e. "Hairy Back Guy" becomes "HBG."

24) I buy too many magazines and I want to keep them all. I will re-read them a zillion times, over and over again.

25) I live to inspire and be inspired.

4 comments:

Niki said...

I would totally take you up on the offer of a game of 21

We have number 7,8,20,21,24 and oddly enough 23. My best friend and I use to people watch on a daily basis... mall food courts or the West Edmonton Mall waterpark were the best spots.

Anonymous said...

Oh facebook. This is such a big thing going on right now. It's fun to read though.

I'm huge on nicknames too. It makes life fun. heh.

Anonymous said...

I don't like being in photos in the same outfits either, especially if it's been awhile since I've been photographed and I was in the same outfit. It happens all the time though, as I get obsessed with things and over-wear them.

I keep all my mags too, but I almost never re-read them.

Anonymous said...

You're very endearing.