Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sweet Pretty Things

Photo: Zimbio

My girl Whitney Port's new clothing line is finally available! The first few pieces of her collection have been released and are currently on sale at Kitson. The former Teen Vogue intern and her friend Adrienne Baravetto have co-designed some absolutely adorable party dresses. Kitson lists the line as "Whitney Eve," although I believe it may technically be called "Eve & A," since that's what's been reported and appears on the line's website.

To me, Whitney's line seems a little more high-fashion and interesting than LC's line of casual dresses. The collection is very romantic, featuring lots of ruffles and sequins. The downfall of the collection, in my opinion, is the price tag. I think the prices may be a bit too steep at about $495 a piece, despite the details. I'm just not sure who's going to pay that kind of cake for one of these babies, even though they're lovely.


Photos courtesy of Kitson

Whitney's one busy lady these days, as she will also star in a new Hills spin off series called "The City," which has just begun taping in New York. Plus, rumour has it that she's got a new gig at Diane Von Furstenburg in the works. The truth is, the primary reason that I watch The Hills is to see what Whitney's wearing and what she's doing at work (...well, and because despite what a dog he is, I still think Brody Jenner is a total babe.)

I heart Whitney and her cute, little dresses.

Photo: Zimbio , filming "The City" in NYC

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whitney is always stylin' (although, I have to admit, I get disappointed with her on the red carpet - prefer Audrina's dresses). The dresses she designed are cute, but if I'm going to spend that much, I'd rather spend it on someone more established...right now I'm channeling Marc by Marc....

Jennifer Robertson said...

Yup, Marc is exactly who I had in mind when I was thinking about how $495 could be better spent...

Tracy said...

Eeek! The City? I didn't know about that at all!! I'm super excited, I love your blog =)