Monday, April 7, 2008

Now who inspires you?

When I was a little girl, I would spend hours and hours going through magazines, clipping out photos and stashing them in boxes. I collected photos of, among other things, cute boys, interesting places, cool designs, stylish outfits, beautiful women, favourite celebrities, photos from movies I loved, or of hairstyles and makeup that I imagined trying to emulate. Every once in a while, when I'd collected a fair number of photos, I would make what I called "inspiration books." I'd pull out the glue sticks and fasten all of the photos that inspired me onto the pages of scrapbooks. To this day, I collect random images that I come across, which (thanks to the miracle that is the internet) I can now store in folders on my computer rather than boxes in my bedroom. I save them for essentially the same purpose that I did when I was young. In many ways, this whole blog is an extension of that- I share all of the things, books, quotes, people, places and photos that inspire me on a regular basis here. But for the sake of tradition, because I was feeling nostalgic of that old practice, I present to you today, a modern, digital version of something I've been doing my whole life. This is the first installment of a new section that I'm going to call "inspiration posts."



**Photos are not all property of Work In Progress. All images in this post have been taken from various websites and stockpiled in the archives. If your photo has not been credited and you would like it to be, please e-mail me.**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the finding/creating yourself quote.

- J @ Hollow-Star.net

Siru said...

Nicely said about the blogging.

juliet xxx

Unknown said...

TREVOR!!