Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hot, hot, hot, hot, cooler than I've ever been

Last night, the girls and I got all glammed up for a night on the town. We enjoyed some divine food and wine down in the cellar at Salt before dashing off to the Chinese Cultural Centre on the last day of BC Fashion Week. The spotlight was on the new Quiksilver Women's line. I was stoked to support my friend Perry, who is heading up the line for Canada. She did an absolutely incredible job of putting together a fashion show which truly captured the essence of the Quiksilver woman- carefree, hip, laid back and stylish.


We sipped wine courtesy of Barefoot before the show began and then were ushered in to take our seats. Despite being in a media seat in the front row, I wasn't able to capture many good photos (much to my dismay...) Music from Quik catalogue model C.C. Sheffield's band Le Rev played as the models walked the runway to show off the versatile collection. The vibe was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend that you check out Le Rev if you haven't. I have recently become completely addicted to their unique sound.
As for the clothes...the collection looked incredible in the show. I can't wait to get my butt into some QSW. This collection just has so many fantastic staples and amazing accent pieces that will undoubtedly add to your wardrobe, no matter what your style is. After the show, it was off to The Alibi Room, where my buddy Mark was spinning some funky beats. I feel so fortunate to work with such an outstanding team of people. When my head finally hit the pillow, I fell asleep (far too late) with a big smile across my face last night. I am so proud of all of my friends who were involved in making the show a huge success.
***
UPDATE: Photographer extraordinaire Kris Krug has posted some photos from the show on Flickr- click here to check them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that everything went so well on friday, pretty girl.