Friday, September 5, 2008

For The Love of Dogs


My friend Christine, who is a dog trainer extraordinaire, has been offering one-on-one private sessions, day-training services, and semi-private group obedience classes, tailored to work with any breed and temperament of dog through her awesome company, Downtown Dogs.

At the beginning of this month, Christine took over and became the proud owner of Absolute K-9, located on Kingsway in Vancouver.

A lifetime lover of furry four-legged creatures, Christine started her career back when she was living in star-studded Malibu, California, where she managed a very prestigious Doggy Daycare. Christine amazes me with her incredible understanding of canine behaviour, and intuitive ability to read dog body language and assess individual personalities. I must also make mention of the fact that I have a very special place in my heart for Christine's own beauty of a pup, little Miss Roxy. There was a time when she spent many hours cuddled up with me, between clients at the hair salon. I miss those days.

Absolute K-9 offers training, grooming and daycare services for all breeds of dogs.

I want to wish Christine a big congratulations and all the best in her new venture. She's such an inspiration to me and I'm so proud of her. She has chased her dreams and made them come true. There is no doubt in my mind that her business will flourish because she is so passionate about what she does. Yay Christine!

***
In other animal news, the SPCA's Paws For A Cause is happening next weekend. There is still time to donate. You can support my friends Keira and Matt in their crusade for the animals by visiting their donation page here. They have raised a jaw dropping $6,515.00 to date. High fives all around! Every dollar counts towards helping the animals in our local communities.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm thrilled about the walk next weekend! We should figure out a time or place to meet up! Since I only really know you and Duane, it'll be nice to meet some new people =)

PatZ said...

omg PUG! i looooooove pugs! they are pretty much the best dog ever.

Keira-Anne said...

@ tracy.lee

It's totally awesome that so many people are behind the Cause and, while the event is technically open to the public (upon payment of a registration fee), my participation with Matt and several members of his family is not, simply in the interest of respecting his family's privacy. As far as I know, there is no meet-up planned and isn't an event that my friends - such as Jen - are attending.