Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Perfect Friday Night

It has been one of those long, painful, exhausting weeks...for just about everyone, it seems. Friday finally came, and with it, plans for a get together with friends. Phaedra was kind enough to open up her beautiful house to us. To our delight, the talented hostess also spun some wicked beats; the evening was all about good food (I must confirm that Keira's guacamole and chocolate chip cookies do indeed live up to their legendary acclaim), good music, good people and good times. It was such a treat, and reinforced (again) just how lucky I am to know these wonderful, genuine people and be able to leave my city surroundings sometimes in favour of something more...real.

All above photos credit to: Raul on Flickr

13 comments:

Phaedra said...

it was a good time! I am so glad you all made it out.

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

It was indeed a wonderful evening and I'm grateful to Phaedra for hosting and offering everything she had for us, as well as to all of you guys for making it so much fun!

Much love and hugs!

Author said...

Sooo happy to hear the celebrations were as happy as had been hoped for! Cheers!!! :D

Keira-Anne said...

Ugh I hate that last photo of me. I look like a man. Don't argue with me.

But seriously, last night was a boatload of fun!

Jennifer Robertson said...

Keira honey, you couldn't look like a man if you tried. You look adorable.

Traisas said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

Happy Birthday Jen!

Raymi Lauren said...

happy birthday goldilocks

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Wish I was cool enough to get invited to a fun party like this!

Kat said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jen! Go ahead and eat some cake and icecream!

Tawcan said...

Happy birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had friends (in real life) who blog! I also wish I had a sleeve tattoo like your DJ friend.

- J @ Hollow-Star.net

Miss 604 said...

Yeah so no one told me it was your birthday and I was away from the internets and SEE what I missed?

Hope you had a GREAT day, thanks again for the ride Friday night :-)