Friday, February 8, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts

I absolutely love that it's Friday! Tomorrow will be the first Saturday of the new year in which will not set my alarm. Truth be told, I probably won't even sleep in very late...but the idea that I don't HAVE to wake up at a particular time, to the sound of my squawking alarm clock is good enough for me. This weekend I'll be working from home, but the load will be lighter and I am very much looking forward to a little down time. I'm actually quite pumped about doing laundry and cleaning my apartment. Maybe even coffee with Danielle. We spoke on the phone last night, which made me ache like you wouldn't believe for a face to face catchup fest. The wedding date is set. T&D will officially tie the knot on May 30, 2009. I can still remember wondering who the hell those shoes in the foyer belonged to. Who would have known back then...

The Vancouver International Boat Show is going on right now at BC Place. I will be attending, as I do every year. My friend Marc and I have made it somewhat of a tradition to attend the show together. It's definitely the best place to see and buy boats, gear and accessories. From fishing to cruising, to family fun, there are boats for every lifestyle, activity and budget—see everything from motoryachts to kayaks to sailboats displayed on land. Shop booths showcasing the latest in engines, marine electronics and accessories, too. Do either of us own a boat? Nope, but Marc sure wishes that he did! It's always fun to walk around and check out the show. My favourite part is scoping out all of the sweet speed boats and wakeboarding set ups. If you're looking for something to do in the city this weekend, check it out!

When I was 16, I dreamed about working in hip a record store and losing my virginity in Tuscany. My inspiration? The lovely Liv Tyler. Empire Records and Stealing Beauty are still easily two of my favourite movies of all time. Through the years, I've continued to be inspired by this beauty who, quite obviously has her head on straight. She has most recently been spotted around town at events for New York Fashion Week, which is drawing to a close today. Liv was looking babelicious in a 3/4 length white coat at the Calvin Klein show and again in leopard-print Prada, attending a private concert by the Raconteurs at the Prada store in SoHo. To unwind after a long day, I watched Stealing Beauty last night and drank copious amounts of chocolate milk. All that was missing was the crazy straws.

Photo: Popsugar
Photo: People.com

If I can get out of the office at a decent time today...tonight will be Death Cab in our ears, red wine down our throats.

I am still.
Quiet as a cup.

2 comments:

Tawcan said...

Waking up whenever you want is the best. However I won't be doing that this Sat since I'm heading up to Cypress for some sweet skiing bright & early. Maybe I'll do that on Sun...we'll see.

PatZ said...

sleeping in definitely has it's merits. so it really sucks when you sleep in but as soon as you wake up the first thing you do is groan and think about having to spend the entire weekend locked up in a lab at school doing graphs.
sooooo, yeah, it is now your job to have way more fun this weekend than I will.