Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams

Photo courtesy of Pulihora on Flickr

“And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.”~G.K Chesterton

This morning, the bright sunshine is beaming into my apartment through the cracks in the blind. I feel a little disappointed. You see, I love the rain. The smell of wet asphalt or grass, the sound of the rain pounding against my my bedroom window as I'm falling asleep at night. I even love the gray haze that covers the sky and getting all bundled up to go out into the wind and the cold. The whole package puts a smile on my face. This, coincidently, makes me very well suited to my West Coast home. Today, I have an even better reason to look forward to rainy skies: my brand new Roxy ''Puddles" boots arrived yesterday and they are absolutely adorable! I can't wait to do some puddle jumping in these fine looking wellies, they put my old black ones to shame! Be jealous, be very jealous--or get a pair of your own--and then you can come out and play in the puddles with me!

Photo courtesy of Roxy.com
***
Tonight, I'm venturing out to the Fraser Valley to hang out with the Langley babes who I don't get to see as often as I'd like these days. Not only will there be wine, but I will also most definitely get some quality cuddle time in with Big T since I am going to slumber at Danielle's. This excites me very much. Tomorrow it's off to the parents' to do laundry at my leisure and raid their cupboards for food.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ARE cute boots!!

PatZ said...

i think the key to a good puddle jump is to not just hit the same puddle once. it's that whole, jump up and down on the spot over and over again that really makes it the heart warming mess that it is.

Anonymous said...

Amen for raiding parents' cabinets for food.

Tashina said...

I love the smell of rain! Everything about it. I'm really missing it since moving.

Those boots are too cute!

Unknown said...

LOVE those boots. My mom loves rubber boots too and, the last time I was out, we were walking up and down West 4th trying to locate a new store that sells stylish rain gear (any clue where that is??) We read about it in the Province one day...

Jennifer Robertson said...

Melissa, I'm not sure which shop carries all stylish rain gear, but if on the look out for cute rubber boots, Moulé and Gravity Pope (on West 4th) both have some super adorable ones!

Anonymous said...

i love the smell of rain as well.

there is supposed to be a new place on 4th that has just wellies i will have to check it out as mine have a hole that won't stay fixed and they are years old.