Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ho ho ho...

It has been one jam packed, busy weekend. I sit here tonight feeling drained, exhausted, emotional, superficially insecure, grumpy... and did I mention drained? Oh right, yes I did. Something about Sunday nights...I have a case of those blues which are all too common for me these days. I'm just about to put on a pot of tea and then it's bubble bath time. But not before a quick post, because I neglected the blog all weekend and now I feel guilty about it.

I sat through my first day of sales meetings on Friday. It was a good opportunity to get my feet wet and to bond with the crew that I will be working closely with in the new year. Friday night started the weekend off with a bang. Our company Christmas party is always quite an event and this year was no exception. We took over Provence for a glamourous evening of wine and dining...we may have also put away a few rounds of jager shooters (whose idea was that?) The restaurant did a fabulous job; the beef tenderloin was absolutely delicious and miraculously, my wine glass was refilled without so much as a glance at the waiter. With so many guests from out of town, plus the fact that our company has grown so much over the last year, I spent most of my time chatting and catching up. As a result, not much time was left for photos and I didn't take as many as I would have liked. Everyone was dressed to the nines and the booze was flowing nonstop. This, of course, led to hangoverville on Saturday.


Shando and I had to suck it up so that we could go for round two: the first annual Ho Ho Ho Christmas party that she hosted Saturday night. The idea was that you wouldn't be allowed in unless you were dressed in a holiday themed outfit. That was the only stipulation. The creative ideas were impressive and everybody played along. We sang carols, chugged egg nog, and watched the Canucks game. I was happy to put on my Santa suit and get festive for the first time this year. Even old St. Nick himself made an appearance.

Today I popped in to help my parents trim their tree and devour a yummy Greek dinner. Now it's Sunday night and I feel completely devoid of energy. I should go to bed but for some reason, even though I'm exhausted, I don't feel sleepy. I find myself feeling weepy but I'm not really sure why. I kind of wish I could be on vacation in my bed for the next week. But I can't. And as Duane pointed out to me tonight, I shouldn't be sad, because Santa's coming soon. He's right. They do say that 'tis the season to be merry...so I suppose I should be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowza, you guys look great! It's amazing to see so many good-looking people. Usually every group of co-workers have one uggo. lol. You have a great smile BTW. I want to be invited to some parties! Everyone I know JUST turned 21 so they are all about bars, but I miss house parties!

Unknown said...

I think Provence was on that show, Opening Soon. I remember it! Looking at the brunch menu, I may have to make a morning trip down there to test it out...mmmm....you looked awesome both nights, btw....

Jennifer Robertson said...

J, you're right- we always say that we have lots of babes in our office, hehe.
Melissa, Provence does have a fantastic brunch. Definitely worth a morning trip!
Thanks so much for your sweet compliments girls! :)

Tawcan said...

Damn so many girls...I should come work at your company lol.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

You look so cute in your xmas outfit!!

Aaron said...

That's one of the most creative Reindeer costumes ever.