Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome to the good life...

Perhaps design maverick Marc Jacobs' appearance on MTV's The Hills a couple of weeks ago was a sneak peak of things to come. The latest buzz in the biz, is that Marc wants his own reality show. Apparently, his concept is for the show to cover "everything, all aspects of my life. All the drama, the intrigue, the sex, the romance, the work. I'm a shameless human being." He admits that, "The whole thing’s sort of egotistical, I suppose. But I do find myself entertaining.” He promises that it will be worth watching. The question is, would you? Does it say something about me that I would most certainly tune in? I love Marc Jacobs and have often listed him as number one on my "must meet" celebrity list. (Yes, I realize the acknowledgement of such a list also says something.) I was stoked when it was announced last month that the much hyped about documentary Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton, which follows the designer around his own brand and at Vuitton, will make its television debut on the Sundance Channel in February 2008. The film shows every aspect of the design process, following Marc through New York, Tokyo, and Paris, and featuring appearances by Marc's muse Sofia Coppola and Vogue editor Anna Wintour. Mock me if you will, but I find Marc Jacobs most fascinating and brilliant. A look into his life interests me, for how long, I can't say. There would certainly have to be some substantial content to warrant an actual television series. Still, I would personally rather have Marc Jacobs dress me than any other contemporary designer. As for the show...would you tune in? Or is this idea just another case of a super inflated ego? Is reality television getting out of hand?
Photo courtesy of start-london.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would watch too!

Unknown said...

Love Marc! Would definitely watch - thanks for the heads-up on the Sundance documentary...