Thursday, October 11, 2007

I just wanna go home...

Home decor has never been my thing. I've always liked my surroundings to be comfortable and cozy but when friends were planning shopping sprees at Urban Barn or Homesense, I would usually pass, preferring to spend my hard earned dollars on my first love: clothing. Now that I'm getting older and I am going to be moving into my very own apartment (sans roommate), which I will be free to decorate in any way that I want, I must admit to becoming somewhat more interested in interior decorating. Last night, I meandered down to West Fourth Ave. to check out Koolhaus for some inspiration. I hadn't been inside since I went with my friend Gary a few years ago, when he was furnishing his new apartment and bought several pieces there. Matt is also a fan of the store, which you can expect to be, "...tasteful down to the shower curtains, Koolhaus’ furnishings follow European design principles, including the increasingly North America-relevant “double duty” furniture. Ottoman/beds, light boxes/sculptures and storage beds are continually on the hot list, as are Canadian lines Baronet and Mobital." I could have spent days looking at all of the beautiful pieces of furniture and ideas in the store. Let me tell you, if (as in my dreams) money was no object, I could have certainly gone buck wild. This trip, although purely a looksee, certainly inspired me. I will most definitely be saving my pennies and have carefully crafted my very own "Koolhaus Wish List."


Photo courtesy of Koolhaus


With my moving day approaching at the end of the month, timing could not be better. Coincidentally, the Vancouver Home and Interior Design Show starts today and runs until October 14 at BC Place. Looking for tips, tricks and the latest obsessions over all things home and decor? This is the place to come! I will definitely be down there trying to learn a few things from the pros!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have so much fun decorating your new place! Don't forget about Ikea!

PatZ said...

what about the token movie poster that always has to go up?

Zoeyjane said...

i suggest: yaletown sofa. they're all over the place and cater to small spaces and budgets, jennifer. one of my clients supplies them and her stuff is amazing - the same product often found at urban barn, but for a lower price.

Jennifer Robertson said...

Thanks for the tip Rilah! I will definitely check out Yaletown Sofa!