Thursday, August 2, 2007

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on


Last night, my roommate Amy and I walked over to English Bay from our place in Kitsilano to check out the Symphony of Fire. Despite living close by, I hadn't gone to watch the fireworks in years. For whatever reason, I had it in my head that I wasn't overly impressed by fireworks and frankly, I just couldn't bear the thought of being swept up in the hoards of people. Maybe it's all the posts and photos that Miss 604, Duane, Keira-Anne and Tony have had on their pages recently, but I really felt like going last night. And I must admit, I'd forgotten how awe striking they are. So we treked over and then Amy and I settled in the sand, away from the prodigious crowds gathered on the other side of the fence, where we still had a spectacular view of the barge and the entire show. It was absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't be happier that I decided to go. When we got home I was sure that I would sleep like I baby; but unfortunately my mind was racing and I was awake thinking for hours.

No comments: