Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Gonna change my way of thinking, make myself a different set of rules, gonna put my good foot forward

I had exactly the kind of weekend that I needed. I was happy to have time to relax, to sit at the beach, to write and reflect. Last night I had dinner with a couple of my girlfriends on the patio as the sun set at the new Hapa Izakaya restaurant by Kits beach. The food was delicious, the sangria went down smoothly and the company was divine. It was one perfect evening. There's nothing better than spending time with people who you can be completely yourself with.

Lately I have been very focused on educating myself and trying to figure out how I can make a difference in the world. I don't believe that ignornace is bliss. I think that the more I know, the better. I have determined that every day is a chance not only to make something more beautiful in the tiny space that is our proximity, but also in the grand world in which we live. I know the answers are different from one person to another. We all have different lives, we're all in different places. I got tired of being complacent and helpless. I know that there is so much that I don't understand and that I can not comprehend all the struggles of everyone in this world. But one thing I am surrounded in light about, is that we as individuals, each have the opportunity to be in touch with what is important to us. And that our dreams and goals are very much alive.
Whenever you get a heavy heart, know that there might be something you can do about it. Do you want to? We can all make a difference.

No comments: