Saturday, February 28, 2009

Second Time's A Charm


The Chloë Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Fall 2009 Collection is Sevigny’s second collection with the boutique and her first foray into menswear. During London Fashion Week, Sevigny unveiled her line which was a “slight homage” to one of her favourite designers, Miguel Adrover. The collection highlights included “skinny moleskin trousers, Fair Isle, tiger and leopard-patterned knits, little tweed blazers, dyed thermals and oversize jackets that fall past the hip.” Lots of bold print, voluminous silhouettes, high waists, and even a modern-day James Dean-esque red jacket. The line is a unisex venture, made for guys but scaled down to fit girls. Chloë's own effortlessly cool and idiosyncratic style is one that I have admired for as long as I can remember.


The leopard speckled cardigans, high waisted leather shorts, thick strap and buckle wedges. I need it all.

Photos by James Mountford

3 comments:

Becca Shelby said...

WOW do I want those strappy shoes!

http://thecinderblog.blogspot.com/

Charmaine said...

I dig it. I wouldn't mind a sponsor...

Unknown said...

I've always been intrigued by her. Those shoes in the first photo are fantastic!