Thursday, January 29, 2009

Revelations

Photo: koelneransichten on Flickr

Sometimes when we close one book in our lives, it allows us the strength and courage to open another. I'm feeling ready to grow again. One of the biggest lessons that I have learned is to make the changes that I want to see. It's taking the leap of faith and having the guts to actually make a change that can be the tricky part for me. Some of the things that once made me happy have now been causing me a considerable amount of anxiety. I had to recognize this and not allow myself to become stagnant (and miserable). I'm making a solid effort to create the reality that I want to live in for myself.

I don't think that honesty will ever break you. This is why I have to be honest with myself about what will and will not make me happy. I am someone who perhaps too often leads with my heart. Maybe this is why I keep finding myself trapped in emotional mucky messes, time and time again.

I want to live a life rich in experience. I want to be able to say I've done the things I've dreamed of doing. I want to always be trying new things, testing the waters, finding out who I am and what is going to make me happy. I have a responsibility not to be afraid of who I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I always have. And I have nothing but gratitude for the passionate people who have touched my heart and soul and impacted my life in such a profound way (even if they didn't turn out to be my future husband). If one lesson has really jumped out at me, it is the importance of living in the moment. Carpe Diem, as they say. Live. Laugh. Love. These are the important things to me right now. It's a beautiful world...and I have so many discoveries left to make. I can't fail. I can only succeed at finding what doesn't work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! After reading The Alchemist, I realized you have to try, at least. Because you never know. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post, Jen!
"Life's a journey, not a destination"

Anonymous said...

I like Death Metal.

but I have a sensitive side too.

I just cleaned up dog barf.

Niki said...

I feel like you've just pulled out so many thoughts out of my mind and put them in this post