Wednesday, July 16, 2008

There's a wind that's whispering something

At the moment, I'm curled up in one of the comfiest beds ever. I've been on the go since 6am and my body feels it. It's long days and hard work out here- it's draining, but in a whole different way than anything else I've ever done. Things are going well though. I feel noticeably more upbeat than I did on our last trip. We always manage to keep laughing- no matter what roadblocks or speed bumps we encounter. I think that's pretty key.

After we wrapped up tonight, we desperately needed to fill our hungry bellies before we jumped back in the cargo van and headed for our next stop. So, I called on my favourite blonde Island expert, because I knew that she'd be able to suggest a fabulous place for us to grab a bite. She came through like the gem that she is, and we had a tasty dinner at Acme Food Co. upon her recommendation. It's a spot I'll definitely hit up again next time I'm in town. There were way too many yummy things to choose from on the menu. How many places can boast the best sushi in town, legendary pizza and amazing butter chicken? You can satisfy just about any craving at one stop. Plus, although I didn't have one, there was quite a rad martini list- perhaps next time...

Tomorrow is set to be another intense day. Tonight, I'm planning to sleep like a baby in this hotel room and dream about being at the beach. This is my "happy place"...yup, it is:

Photo: Amelia Burrows on Flickr

5 comments:

Keira-Anne said...

Glad you liked it :)

Phaedra said...

Happy to hear this trip is going a-ok for you!

Unknown said...

Great pic!

Krista said...

your food talk is making me starving and it's well past midnight: terrible eating hours. Your photos look great I'm envious!

Raul said...

:) You look so hot!