Monday, July 21, 2008

A quick update from the road...

I'm smack in the middle of what I affectionately call one of my "crazy times..." I'm travelling across Western Canada, sleeping and showing in a new city every couple of days. The days are long and full. They are primarily spent talking, talking, talking...so much so, that all I want to do at the end of the day is be silent. I'm very tired of hearing my own voice already and I'm only just over a week in. I do really enjoy the time I spend with the people I see when I'm out here though, despite how draining the trips can be as a whole. So many good people.


At the end of the night, I find myself alone in a hotel room. Alone with my thoughts. Free to be silent. True, last night I complained that I was bored. I think mostly because I didn't have the option of doing anything exciting more than actually wanting to be out doing anything anyway. I'm in Saskatoon, it was Sunday night. What was I going to do? (If it hadn't been so late, I would have called up Melissa for a cocktail date.) Instead, I settled for a bubble bath in the giant soaker tub and watching Cocktail on television. Damn, I don't think I'd seen that movie since I've been legally old enough to drink. Tom Cruise was kinda cute back in '88.

Today is another full day. I've managed to find myself with a few minutes to spare- long enough to scarf down a mediocre sandwich, check emails, make some phone calls and quickly throw something up on here. I get anxiety if I take too many days off from posting. It's dumb, but I do.

6 comments:

Author said...

It's okay - I think we all start to feel that way (anxiety about not updating) at some point. The road reports are a great way assure us loyal readers that you're keeping well - and very glad to hear it! :)

Keira-Anne said...

You're a funny girl, Jenny. Get done with that trip soon so you can grab your bikini and hit Tofino avec moi.

Unknown said...

I get blog anxiety too...I remember Nicky Pearce was in LOVE with Tom after we saw Cocktail. We were only in Grade 4, but we were 'allowed' to watch it...*sigh*

Phaedra said...

a bubble bath and Cocktail sounds divine. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Raul said...

Enjoy the travel and get home safe!

Duane Storey said...

Traveling for work usually sucks for me. I hate living out of suitcases. I usually head down to the hotel bar just for some company, and then feel like a loser for doing it.