Saturday, March 8, 2008

There's one thing you can't lose, it's that feel

Today's Daily Puppy is so adorable that I have to share him with you. Meet Jack the Mini Daschund...

Photo: Daily Puppy

Mexican food. Life just doesn't get much better than Mexican food for supper, giant strawberry margaritas with a one of a kind pal and warm, happy feelings from friends with guitars.

Sometimes someone says something really small,
and it just fits right into this empty place in your heart.

I don't know where I am in my quiet. I don't know where to go in my silence. I am a stranger today. I look to grey skies and warm toast for comfort. In a blur of converse shoes and jeans- long scarves. I look into eyes that look back into mine.

I ask myself what I want- I ask myself what I'm doing.
It makes me turn in my bed and let my mind wander a few more miles.

It's wearing canvas shoes in the pouring rain.
It's wanting to hold hands on the cold walk home in the middle of the night.
It's learning limits.
It's learning boundaries, and balance.

Eddie and I used to write to each other about finding balance in people- in ourselves.
Knowing what was right and what was too much.
I miss him- the words, those talks of tea and warmth and wishing.

I lost one of my earrings last night.
I loved them.
And now I imagine the lonely white, delicate little thing...
probably broken in two by some drunk boy's shoe,
or maybe the end of a neverending stiletto heel.
It's probably black from the layer of dirt and drunk on the ground...
Poor thing.
It was so comfortable in my ear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bit about the earring. Sad, but beautifully written.

And woot! for Mexican food.

- J @ Hollow-Star.net

Raul said...

I make amazing Mexican food! :)

Jennie said...

OMG such a cute little doggie!!!!