Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Under the gun

So this what they call "crunch time." I am pretty much stressed to the max. Up against a wall, with my nose to the grindstone. I'm a jumble of nerves. Today, I just needed to get 'er done. So, I put my headphones in and turned up the volume. With Beautiful Midnight blasting, I attempted to shut out every other person in the building as I plowed away at my work load. The days are numbered. The target is high. The pressure is on. It's a pressure unlike anything I've ever experienced. All that I can do is work as hard as I possibly can and hope to God that it pays off.


I went for a run tonight, to blow off steam...then I came home and worked away some more. I'm irritable and I'm emotional. I'm also pretty stoked about the pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked that's sitting in my freezer. Ice cream cures stress, right Patz?

I'm learning so much right now.

So I will try my best to keep all the thoughts and lessons straight.
I will try my best to keep my head above water,
to keep everyone content,
to keep phones ringing with good news,
to keep the soul in what I'm doing.

This is hard. But this is good.
And I am figuring it out. I am.
Before I let it catch the air-before that space is full of words again.
(do we not all lose strength when we let words get away?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half Baked is THE BEST B&J flavor!

Better to be busy and kinda stressed than bored... most of the time anyway. You can handle it!

Jennifer Robertson said...

Thanks J. You're right. I just need to suck it up! I'm a little bit woe is me tonight...hehe.

PatZ said...

either that or ice cream beer floats. best. idea. ever.

Jennifer Robertson said...

I think we're really onto something with this one, Patz!