Thursday, January 3, 2008

She had hoping eyes that looked farther than she knew


My work day started out with a classic maneuver.
As I was assembling a rolling rack, and doing my best to hold the parts in place while I put it together, one of the poles swung up and smacked me right in the face.
Hard.
Now I have a bruise on my cheek and it stung for hours. Still hurts when I touch it.
Nice, real nice.

Tomorrow is my first showing...am I nervous? Uh, just a little.

Now is the time for overcoming worries and fears and scary futures.

My heart is awake.

So in the spirit of trying to stay positive and think happy thoughts tonight, rather than continuing to study my catalogue like a maniac, I'm taking a cue from one of my favourite bloggers, Meg Fowler and doing up a love list.

Things I love:

bubble baths
tea
the sound of rain
dinner parties that go right
laughing so hard that it hurts
wishing on stars
having the "good butterflies"
going out for sushi
red wine
taking photographs
canine cuddle time
feeling connected to people who "get" me
making people laugh
my family and friends, my soul mates
how I feel after pilates class
songs with acoustic guitars
inside jokes
watching movies in bed on my laptop


Bob Dylan makes me sad
in a good way.
I am having one of those nights
where if someone looked at me wrong
tears would have to be fought back.
With Bob Dylan on top of that-
his sweet, sad voice and that harmonica-
well-
that's that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that, Jennifer. Good old Scottish name, Stoddart.

Tashina said...

Ow! That's totally something that I would do. The other day I somehow managed to get my foot stuck underneath the shelving units in the stock room at work. :-x

I loved your list. :)

PatZ said...

you should probably add the whole not getting hit in the head by a pole thing to that list too.

Roshan said...

Oww that must have hurt! I'm sending u a little kiss to make it feel better.

And you look so great in the pic even if its a little blurry.

Jennifer Robertson said...

Thanks for all the support! :)