Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Positivity combined with relentless motivation is a smart way to get the most out of life"

I realized today that I have never done a tribute post of any kind to one of my favourite women of all-time. This little lady is not only a bright ray of sunshine, she's also got a unique (although often criticized) style that's all her own. She's had more hair colours and styles over the years than we can count. She has re-invented herself and her look time and time again. Whether she's going for casual cool in vintage tees and Ugg boots, in bare feet with daisies in her hair or rocking high-octane glamour, Drew Barrymore's quirky style is always infused with that vibrant and fun-loving spark that has made her Hollywood's sweetheart. Casual, cool, sexy, glam and let's be honest, at times down right awful, Drew wears whatever she wants and I have a great respect for her because of it. My favourite thing about Drew is that she dares to be herself in an industry that seems to be trying so hard, every single day, to rip young girls' self esteem to shreds and turn them into carbon copies of someone else. She marches to the beat of her own drum and wears whatever she feels comfortable in. For somebody who has literally grown up in the business, Drew seems amazingly well adjusted, down to earth and just so...real. Her cute, warm and fuzzy films grace my collection of movies that I will watch over and over again. Her happy go lucky nature is infectious. Miss Barrymore's positive approach to life inspires me. I heart Drew. Here's a little look-see at Drew's ever changing style through the years.

“I’m such a workaholic and so on fire all the time, it bewilders the s--- out of me…If you’re interested in something, you have to act on it. When you get ideas, don’t just let them be fleeting thoughts that flow into the universe, so that later you look back and think, ‘God, I wish I had done something about that.’ Just go for it and never be afraid.”




**Photos are not property of Work In Progress. All images in this post have been taken from various websites and stockpiled in the archives over the years. If your photo has not been credited and you would like it to be, please e-mail me.**

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Drew too. Cutest ever. The Wedding Singer is such a classic.

Anonymous said...

you nailed it! she totally marches to the beat of her own drum. that's what's so awesome about drew. plus she doesn't conform to hollywood's lameass standards which equal you must be a toothpick to be hot. seriously! wtf? drew's a million times hotter than paris f-ing hilton! plus she has a PERSONALITY!! good post, jen!

Anonymous said...

AHHH love!!

OK, first of all, I love that Rufus Wainwright quote you put up! I have pages and pages of writing all about my boyfriend from the first few months of us dating. Now I can barely find things to blog about, but back then I was filling pages about one person.

I dig Gwen so yay for posting, although I miss her No Doubt days and she isn't on my walls anymore.

Scrolling thru photos I was just waiting for that daisy photo to pop up! She is lovely, and I remember reading an interview about body image where she said she loves her little belly pooch. :) As a girl who had such a pooch even at 115 pounds, I adore her for that.

Great posts!

Jennifer Robertson said...

Thanks for the love, J!

Anonymous said...

To say that I adore Drew would be an understatement. :) Awesome post! Have you read her book that she wrote as a teenager?

Jennifer Robertson said...

I've totally read her book. I love the photo of her on the cover with a big, long perm! :)

Anonymous said...

oh how i love drew!