Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some get broken, some get mended, some can't surrender


I walked all over the city today in the sunshine. I have the blisters on my feet from my poor choice in footwear to prove it. Now, here I am, for the second time today, sitting in a coffee shop with my laptop...sucking up this "excellent" wireless connection while I can. Who would have thought that in 2007, I would have such a tough time getting wireless internet service in my apartment? The question that has been plaguing me for the last few days is this: what the hell happened to customer service? Does it no longer exist in this day and age? The complete lack of answers, assistance and general politeness thrown my way in trying to check this task off my to do list has been utterly appalling to me.

I got a call from the past today, rather unexpectedly. I screen my calls, so I can't help but wonder why I even answered. I can never stay mad for very long. Holding grudges is not my thing. Sometimes, you just have to make a clean break though. I have been trying to break the ties that bind for quite sometime now. This is important, especially when all that said ties are doing is keeping me tethered to a time in my life that I have so importantly moved on from.

If anything has struck me recently, it certainly is the realization that I like to be connected...and not having that luxury is a tough pill to swallow. I am not a happy camper when I don't have access to the world wide web. Sad, but true.

3 comments:

PatZ said...

customer service is 'you have been placed in priority queue. please stay on the line as your call is important to us.'

or even better, you call your internet provider because you have trouble getting online and the guy on the phone is like 'all the answers are right on the website.'

yeah, had that happen a few too many times.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad; I go CRAZY without Internet. I pay for it every month because I can justify it as 'work'. :)

Anonymous said...

>> Does it no longer exist in this day and age?

The simple answer to your question is no (laugh).