Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Running, running as fast as we can...

Photo courtesy of DebFit

Inspired by the lovely Melissa, I have decided get my butt in gear and start really running again. Over the last year or so, I have walked all over the place, and I do still lace up my Nike kicks for a jog every so often when I feel like I need to blow off steam, or just have some 'me' time. Running is something that has given me great joy in the past, but I haven't earnestly made an effort to get into really good shape for quite a while, so I figure there's no time like the present. I'm not getting any younger and it's never going to get any easier. Old basketball and soccer injuries have wreaked havoc on my knees, and years of playing and running through the pain have not helped matters. I'm famous for going out there and trying to giv'er like I'm still in the best shape of my life, when quite obviously, I am not. With the proper training, I know that I can get back into it. Running is one of the simplest, fastest, most accessible ways to fitness and good health known to woman. I live in the perfect city for it. Time to get serious. I'm going to start back at square one. The Running Room has fantastic clinics no matter what your fitness level, and I am planning to join one with the ultimate goal of running a half marathon.
This week I have been feeling: unmotivated, uninspired and sans any kind of oomph whatsoever. This is my attempt at remedying that.

2 comments:

PatZ said...

"unmotivated, uninspired and sans any kind of oomph whatsoever"

i hear listening to some good 80s tunes is also a good remedy for that.

Anonymous said...

I so need to start getting some exercise as well. Sitting in front of a computer all day does wonders for ya, let me tell ya. The hardest thing these days is finding the time for it. I'm hoping when the princess gets a little bigger I can try to go take her swimming or something :P